Sunday, November 9, 2008

Time to Chill

We're safe home from Pachuca, Mexico and the Go Conference was absolutely amazing!  We had such a great week of teaching and God did so much in my heart.  I got so much revelation of what God has for me in my life and simply just a lot of encouragement.  The pastor of the church we had the conference told us so much about when he and his family stayed in the mountains of Mexico with an isolated tribe.  I haven't shared much of this dream of mine but this is exactly what I want to do one day.  God put this in my heart in 2005 while I was sitting in a waiting room reading about isolated tribes in Columbia and the government intruding in on them.  Since then I've been really interested in living with a tribe but I never really thought it was possible.  They're isolated.  They only speak their own language.  They are in the depth of the jungle.  Can they even be found?  Can I even approach them and not be their evening dinner?  Then I heard about One Story, and organization that sends groups of people to tribes that have never heard of the name of Jesus.   My dream is to do this one day.  I've been in contact with them and just getting started with praying about where I should go and when.  I know it's a little further in the future but it's going to be a long process getting started so if you could be praying about it with me!  We had a lot of other really great teachings and worship times but the biggest thing God did in my heart was stir the fire in me about the tribes!  I also have a desire to go to China and serve my friends over there.  I plan to do that for a good few months and before I hit the jungles.  So ya!  It's a crazy adventure that God is taking me on and I'm not sure how it's going to work out but it's just trusting Jesus knows the way and I'm just following in his foot steps!

I also got sick again this week and missed out on street ministry in Mexico City.  I was soo bummed about it!  I was looking forward to it so much but I needed the rest for sure!  I heard a lot of great stories of hanging out with street kids, prostitutes and gang members.  Some came to know the Lord and others had open ears to what He had to say to them.  Such a great time of ministry.  Things with the school are going great.  We have such an amazing group of students.  They're getting fired up about outreach and really looking forward to it.  God is doing so much in their lives and the staff as well.  It's been so wonderful!  

With everything going on God has been calling me into a time to chill with Him.  It is so refreshing to just sit with Him and allow Him to minister to me.  It's a much needed thing to do right now.  Just get restored and prepared for the things He has for me.  He's created me to be a warrior in His Kingdom so He's preparing me for battle.  Frankly, it's quite fun to learn how to fight.  

6 comments:

Matt said...

I'm so happy to be your first comment. You should come over to Wordpress. Here's a link to my Wordpress Blog. Dios te bendiga.

GET PHAT WITH JEN .COM said...

Hey girlfriend, hope you are well and I love your new blog. Very proud of you! C U soon ,

love sis and bk

Johannah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

jennette i miss you soo soo much!! its so encouraging listening to your hopes and dreams. your fire for God builds flames mine. love you dearly!

Anonymous said...

chillout1647 is tawanda btw. :) you will alawys be my bunk buddy

Jason Licato said...

Sounds like the conference was great! you'll be doing crazy jungle dances before you know it ;) Sorry to hear that you been getting sick. Will be praying for ya. Wish we could meet up in CO this coming week. Another time I suppose.
Blessings upon blessings
Jason