I was able to come home for a week this Christmas and it's been such a great blessing to see my family and friends. Being able to spend a lot of time with my family and extended family has been so good. This Christmas is a little more chill then the ones in the past and a much more needed time of rest for a week. The Discipleship Training School just finished their lecture phase last week and the outreach teams are on the road. The Africa team just left on Saturday and the Haiti and Mexico teams are leaving today. On Friday we had a student get hit by a car while he was skating and with the last update I've heard he was still in the hosipital with 10 broken ribs, fluid in his lungs and some major head injuries. Please be praying for him, his name is Walter and he's suppose to be heading to Haiti today and we're praying that he can meet up with the team once he's out of the hospital and well.
Since my last update we've had a Renment skate compition for our skate ministry that I'm involved in and we had a great turnout. About 30 skaters were there and the compition was just a few hours long. This was a kick off to start the ministry back up and let the guys know that we're starting again. With staff leaving in the past the skaters weren't sure if we were still holding Friday night skate so we're getting them back together and not letting this ministry die. We're also starting a bible study with them on Tuesday night for those who want to come and know more about their Maker. Please be praying for the Renment Skate Ministry. We want the skaters to know we're still there for them and we're looking for perment places that we can hold Friday Night Skate where they can come and chill throughout the week as well. I just had a skate board givin to me so now I can get back on the floor with everyone, which is an answer to prayer. The Lord loves blessing us in the little things!
My position as DTS Secretary will be the same for the next school which I'm really excited about. I'll serve the leaders of the school so they can be focused on what is happening without thinking about all the details behind the sceens. I'm also going to start running the hospitality department and taking care of the guest speakers and outreach teams coming through the YWAM Mazatlan base. I worked in the hospitality department at the YWAM Denver base and loved it so I'm really excited about this. This is such an exciting time because God is doing so much in my heart and having giving these positions he's confirmed a lot of things for the future ahead. More on that later...
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas this year! Enjoy time with family and friends. Be safe and stay warm!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
No head injuries, but a contusion in his neck.
Love you and I'm glad you're enjoying your Christmas!
-Ashleigh
Post a Comment