..I wrote my last blog. For variuos reasons I have not written in shortly over three months now! We've had a lot going on at the base during this time and it's been soo busy! In January a DTS started and in the next few weeks they'll be heading to different nations such as: Brazil, Asia and Mexico. They will be on outreach for the final part of DTS for two months. It's great to see what the students have been doing during this time and where they have allowed God to take them. Such a change of hearts. Such a tribe for the Lord. It's been really great!
In February we had our Carnaval Outreach which was amazing! It's very similar to Mardi Gras that is held in the States which I attended last year. We held different ministries like a cafe, beauty salon, street ministry/evangelism, and skate ministry. I was involved with the stake ministry, Remnant, and it was so much fun! We had a great time taking out the ramps for the skaters to use. We would hangout with the, chat, listen to music, it was great. More like hanging out with friends but I like it that way, it's all about relationship the way I see it. Since Carnaval we've started a Bible study and hangout with the guys about twice a week. It's been really great getting to know them more and building that trust with them. Also, because skaters are mostly guys they sometimes bring girls along with them to hangout which is good for me! It's been great getting to know a few of the girls and find friendship in the Latin community. During Carnaval we had about 2,000 people come to know the Lord is a real way. It's so cool to see what can happen when you put a little bit of action into something.
The Hospitality Department, my role on base, has been ok. It's a great challenge that I've learned a lot from. It seems like a great lesson is learned every day! We've has guest come to work with the Homes of Hope, Remnant Skate ministry, mission builders, Interns, and some guest for a wedding! So I'm always doing laundry and making sure everyone has what they need.
Personally, I've had a hard time findind rest. My body has been more tired then normal and isn't getting better. I've been a bit under the weather with a cold and trying to fight it and get healthy again. Also, I'm in Ohio right now raising support. I've fallen behind on my staff fees and my support isn't up to where it needs to be. I have a full layout on the Monthly Support page to the left that you can check out. Right now I'm looking to raise my support to about $800 to $1000 monthly. This will help me pay off my staff fees and everything else that I need to be in Mexico. Please pray and consider supporting me. It's a great oppertunity to give to the Kingdom of Christ. This allows me to be on staff, doing what I love to do, and planting those seeds that God wants to grow for His glory. If you're interested all of the information is on the Monthly Support page and you can email me for any more questions concerning this at JNHendershott@gmail.com.
And finally! The news I've been wanting to share for months! I know my time in Mexico was ment to prepare and grow me for what I would be doing after I leave the ministry down there. The time has been a great character building experience for me most of all. I was thinking that the last year has refined me in such a way and the Lord needed me to go through some hard, challenging, make it or break it time for me to do what He has put on my heart. Once I'm finished in Mexico I will be returning home to start ministry in Mansfield! Ohio! Chicago! Washington, D.C.! Where ever he leads! But I know I will be living in Mansfield and doing a lot of things out of here from that time on, or until He brings something else to the table. My heart has always been home and the last five years have been great but I know that the time will be coming soon and I will be home again. I have a lot of ideas, passions, guidance for once I get back here. There will be more on this later!!
I know this is soo long and I'll try to write sooner so I'm not sending out a novel every few months. I'll keep you more updated from here on out! Take care and God Bless!
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey this sounds great, Im sorry to hear that you've been feeling under the weather lately, will be praying for ya for that for sure. Keep in touch.
Jason
Post a Comment