The weather here is cooling down and the September sun is starting to set a little earlier telling me that the fun in the summer sun is coming to an end! With being in the kitchen for the hot months of June, July and August my heart has been blessed. It's a joy for me to cook. I've learned so much about myself, my struggles, my dreams, my passions, my fears. I've been working through some past issues and looking to some future goals. One thing I love about the summer was serving the base and the teams that came here to serve the city of Mazatlan. It was awesome to spend time over good food (that I helped cook, of course) and getting to know teenagers, pastors, youth leaders and mothers. My heart has been blessed by them. My life has been touched by theirs. I couldn't imagine the summer any different then investing into those around me who were investing into people of the city. Two quick stories: I love to crochet! In Mexico it's very hard to find good quality of yarn at a good price. To get about half of what you would buy in the States is about twice as much! A team leader and his wife blessed me buy going to the store in their home town in Washington and buying me 9 different colors that I requested! When the box finally arrived in Mazatlan I was stunned to see that they sent me two of each! It was like Christmas! I was able to bless another lady on staff with a color of each as well. It was so cool! Another story that just happened in the last two weeks still has be blown away. Since being on staff I've managed to collect just about one thousand dollars of staff fees. This has happened over the last year of me being here. I was very discouraged when I found this out because I thought that "I had it taken care of". Little did I know... I spent a few minutes in prayers and stirred up my spirit to see what the Lord was saying. I got all excited about this challenge in front of me and my attitude did a complete 180 degree and I just went for it! I felt as if the Lord just told me to tell my fellow YWAMers about what was going on and sent out an email to more then 300 YWAMers!! Facebook does have good connections! Within a week I got EVERYTHING I needed in!! (With some others not from YWAM who wanted to help as well!) Such a blessing! My heart is full of gratitude towards everyone who has stuck by me in this. Thank you so much again.
Also, about a week and a hald ago we were on our staff retreat here in Mazatlan. It was a wonderful time to get away, rest, write many emails to future supporters, eat some Mexican food with my room mates, and get teachings on the Intimacy of God. I have been desiring more of this in my life and really asking the Lord to show me the way. When we went to the staff retreat it was like BOOM! Just what I was asking for!! I had some huge breakthrough in my life and releasing over things that I've been holding onto for years. It was a great ministry time of the Lord just moving and speaking. Ah, so wonderful! He is so good.
Here in the downtown area where the market is there are a lot of people that sit on the street beggin for money. It's been on my heart to reach out to them. To allow God to minister to them through me. One family, a mother and two kids, have been on my heart in a huge way! There's been a few times where I've been able to give some pesos here and there but one day while I had free time I headed down to find her. Normaly, beggers are found in the same spot or close to so it wasn't very hard. I had 100 pesos (about 8 dollars) in my pocket and just sat down with her and asked her what she needed. Either my spanish is very hard to understand or I scared her a little because she didn't say anything and just stared blankly at me! It made me so nervous and I almost ran away! Luckly, a friend was with me to help with my spanish and keep me put. But she just said that her and her boys needed food for their house. We went to a store down the road and got two bags of crackers, juice, beans, veggies, and a toy football and blessed her and her boys. She was so thankful! It was a blessing for me to be a blessing. Please be praying for this family as I am praying for them! I've been sick the past week and haven't had the strength to go see them but I'm looking forward to the next time!
Yes, I've been sick. I'm heading to go get blood tests today and see the doctor again tomorrow and soon I will know what's happening and will be able to get well! There have been many people here at the base that have been getting sick with Typhloid, Dengue, and different forms of parasites. Be keeping us all in your prayers!! We've been heading to doctors and taking medication and getting better, it's just high season for some of these.
Many of you know that I've been here in Mazatlan for a year now. I can't believe it sometimes! The Lord has shown me so much and taught me tons about ministry. One thing that I've been waiting and wanting to share for some time now is what I will be doing after Mazatlan. I'm sure I've said some of this before but my heart is to head home in March and to get plugged back into my church there, to start some different ministries with my friends, to be with my family once again and to be able to use what the Lord has given me in these last years of ministry. I know now that if I didn't come here to Mazatlan there would be some things that I would have never learned about myself or have learned about the Lord. It's been a great training ground and I know the next six months still holds more. I'm looking forward to a trip to Asia next summer which I will give you more information as I'm still getting it!! But this is where the Lord has brought me, to a place to get ready to go back home.. And I'm so excited about it!
Thanks for taking the time to read this! It's pretty lengthy but there's a lot that is happening!! I'll leave you with a scripture that the Lord has been taking me though and teaching me about His teaching!
Psalm 19
The Heavens declare the glory of God,
and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
Day to day pours out speech, and night to night reveals knowledge,
There is no speech, nor are there words,
Whose voice is not heard.
There measuring line goes out through all the earth,
and their words to the end of the world.
In then he has set a tent for the sun,
which comes out like a bridegroom leaving his chamber,
and, like a strong man rund it's course with joy.
It's rising is from the end of the heavens,
and its circuit to the end of them,
and there is nothing hidded from it's heat.
The law of the Lord id perfect, reviving the soul;
the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple;
the precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart;
the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes;
the fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever;
the rules of the Lord are true, and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold;
aweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb.
Moreover, by them is your servant warned;
in keeping them there is great reward.
Who can discern his errors?
Declare me innocent from hidden faults.
Keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins;
let them not have dominion over me!
Then I shall be blameless, and innocent of great transgression.
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sights, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Bless you all!
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey love i just wanted to let u know i love you & miss you!!
TAWANDA
Post a Comment