Since being in the kitchen and cooking for the teams that we've had in and out I had a lot of resting time. Not sleeping time. That, unfortunately, was not the case. But time during the day where I could just chill, read, pray, journal and get back into knowing what is important in my life: Realizing where I'm at personally and making time to focus on that. It's been a great time coming out of a crazy rut and getting re focused and simply just remembering to breathe once in a while. I was emailing one our leaders this morning and just sharing with her where I am at personally and I was saying that I'm ready to be more outward in my growth. Just being more productive in things that are on my heart. Like learning Spanish, being more active, writing more, making some music and things that can set my creative mind loose! So it's a good place for me, I feel motivated about life!
One thing that I'm excited about with all of this is that the Basic Leadership School (a.k.a. BLS http://www.ywammazatlan.com/page/basic-leadership-school) that is offered here at the Mazatlan base is starting late in September and I hope to be a part of that. It's a three month school where Leaders from around the world come down and simply talk about leadership. To be able to have time to hear about what they have experienced with different topics such as Leadership Styles, Prayer Life for a Leader, and Making Good Decisions is the best way that I learn. I remember when I first came down here last year the BLS was running and I was getting excited for what my friends were saying about what they were learning and growing in. I feel like I've learn a lot the last year being down here and that I've gone through a rough time as well so I'm excited to get fed a little more. Also, I'm excited to talk about what I have learned in leadership and ask more questions about some things that I've been through since being a leader in ministry. So, I'm excited!!
The last few weeks I have been struggling more with my health. I've been feeling sick, fatigue, tired and a little absent minded... That last one might not be that big of a surprise. So I went to the doctor earlier this week and got some test ran and found out yesterday that I have an infection in my intestines! The Doc put me on a diet and some medications and hopefully by the end of this month I will be healed!! I'm really thankful that I was able to get to the doctor and start figuring out what's going on. I'm trying to work out with my insurance how they can help me just incase I have to go back and get more tests and medications. Please be praying, the Doc bills are running high and because I have insurance I really want to use them! It gets confusing here in Mexico how that all works out.
Since I've gone home to raise support I've been doing ok with my financeses. One of my supporters that has been faithfully giving to me since I've been here is going to stop soon and I will be needing to raise more. (Thanks so much Memaw, you've blessed me a ton!) But her and her husband supported me HUGE so I will be missing that much in my monthly support. In one of my earlier posts I have all of my finances listed and while I was home I was able to raise most of it! I have paid most of my staff fees off, one credit card bill (!!!!) and raised my monthly support. So my monthly support is still $646 and my goal is to raise $1,000. To raise extra is important because we have a few times during the year where we travel for retreats and conferences. Each is about $300 and we have two coming up during the fall, our Staff Retreat and the Go Conference. All of the information on how to give to me is in the post from April 7. If you feel led at all to give there are ways on that post on how you can do that. Please consider this!
one last thing.
There are some old passions that God is bringing up in my heart that I will be sharing with you all soo so soon!! I can't wait! Good things happening!
BLESS YOU ALL!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i love you and miss you greatly!~
Post a Comment