Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Change in the Wind.

Since I've been back in Mazatlan there have been a lot of changes happening. It's been a while since I've written so I'll try to keep it short and very sweet! When I returned the DTS (http://www.ywam.org/contents/get_tra_dts.htm) was heading for their 7 week outreach! They went to three different nations: Brazil, Mexico and China. They returned two weeks ago with amazing testimonies of how God used them in incredable ways to share and show his love. Another thing that they ran into, you may have heard, was some complication with the Swine Flu! The team in Brazil wasn't allowed to leave that YWAM base for a week and had to be checked by a Doctor everyday. They actually go on the news for being Mexican Missionaries while the team had Americans, two girls from Holland, a Canadain, and only two Mexicans. Just one of the adventures this DTS has been on.

The Swine Flu never reached the state of Sinaloa where I live. I never got sick. And I was actually told my some friends to not come back and bring the pig flu.

Our Remnant skate ministry (http://www.ywammazatlan.com/page/remnant-sk8) has been going really great. I've built a lot of friendships with the skaters and it's awesome to see them pursue a passion of their hearts. Be praying for them, one of their friends passed away about a month ago, drowned in the ocean, and they took it pretty hard. We've had some memorial services and celebrated his life by skating, listening to music and watching skate videos. It's been a good open door to talk about Jesus and give hope and encouragement to the guys.

My position at the base has changed. I'm out of hospitality and working in the kitchen for three meals a day! It's pretty enjoyable. We have some teams here with us so we're cooking for a big group of people! Sometimes it's 20 sometimes it's 150. Anna is our cook and I part of the team that helps her throughout the day. I'm learning how to cook Mexican food.. Good Mexican food. It's pretty fun to serve the base and the teams in such a great way. There's nothing better then having good food around!



I'm doing pretty well. Being in the kitchen has taught me a lot so far and the Lord has been teaching me to slow down a little bit. I've have more time to chill, read, get feed and just be the the presence of the Lord. My year commitment here is up in September and I'm praying about what to do next. If I'll be here longer or start working to something else. There's plenty of options and I want to hear what the Lord has to say.

Finally, I'm sure most of you have heard about my brother, Bradley. He was in the hospital just over a month ago. He's doing much better now. I just want to say thank you for praying for him. It was a pretty rough time for me to be away but the Lord is so good to bring comfort. He's still waiting for results and has to take some more in the future if you could be praying for him still and the results come back with good report.

Thanks for taking time to read this! As I'm writing I'm enjoying a little bit of rain. We had a little hurrican here Friday and that was an experience!! It was cool to see something like that and we're all safe, just still cleaning up some damage. The rain is nice and cooling things down!

No comments: